Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Relief

Tribune dt. 25/5/22

The last two days have been such a welcome relief from the intense heatwave the whole of North India is witnessing since April of this year. No doubt the weather is getting extreme and no amount of explanation can soothe the curious within, while media overdosed mind points to Climate Change. Being in HVAC line, I go to work everyday praying that we make it through the day without any crisis. Things can go awry in no time and being the weather there is, manpower shortage only compounds to the problem. But that's not what I jot this post for.

Point being, back home from gym today I didn't even need to run the fan and just lay as it is, soothing the traumatised muscle groups. There were a couple of different birds chirping, each in their own monotone with sounds coming from various directions. Birds too start talking/chirping once the weather is conducive. Point being, difficult conditions are difficult for all; it affects us all in varying degrees; but it affects. That led me to think, in Chandigarh there is still green cover where birds can sit in shade what about the new habitats such as Zirakpur or other metropolis which are devoid of thick green cover. Where would the birds go in such cases; no wonder I see no feathered friends in Zirakpur but only the ever hard Pigeons.

It is what it is, just enjoying the chirps and sounds of cricket - makes me feel as if I am in a tropical place. Short lived is this experience, but what matters is that I experienced it. Can only be thankful.

No comments: