Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Lessons

This is the last day of May 2022

 

Life is good and while mind is as thankless as it can be, there is ever an effort to bring it back on line. 

 

Was sharing a beer with friend at home when his cell rang to give news that Moosewala has been shot dead. Now this Moosewala fellow bears no weight in our day to day life apart from listening to his name or a few of his songs every now and then. Immediately thereafter a flood of messages made inroads to my mate’s cellphone; these included recently shot videos and pics from the site of mishap. Such is the speed with which information flows. Until that time I was fine, but when the image of person in your head thus far is shattered with that of his bloody lifeless corpse – things get different. Slowly the sadness crept in and so did the beer until the case was finished, and then some whiskey. More the alcohol inside, grievous the matter became as more and more calls came and the sadness just kept piling on.

 

The next day I was unable to go to gym and do my morning routine. Somber from the previous evening, fickleness of life just kept repeating within. F**k money lets go spend some, who knows what tomorrow brings. Along Sonia, went to take a test ride of Jeep Rubicon; to the bad luck of Jeep the machine just did not hit a home run, else they would have had a sale. With Ford having exited the Indian market, propellant was already there, but the spark of previous evening just didn’t cut it. Had a silent lunch and returned.

 

Point being – I was hesitant in beginning to watch all those messages, but when I did, I didn’t stop and kept watching it on loop. I got too involved in the situation and it eventually pulled me down. Should have kept my distance, said a prayer and moved on to whatever it is that I was doing. The hangover still continues to this day; missed out on morning today as well. However, my mind wanted to continue down the mourning path, just a state it wanted me to be in wherein I was more vulnerable for it to expand its propensity. Cut short – like a flip – I have nothing to be sad about; since Lady wasn’t home, headed to Chandigarh home and had breakfast with my loved ones, who are still here. I got things to learn, life to live, moments to cherish with beautiful people around me. I have not a moment to spare on unmindful things; stupid to have wasted two of my mornings. 


Hopeful that lesson is learnt.

No comments: