Saturday, December 31, 2022

Year 2022

This morning was the last of calendar year 2022. A whole 12 months passed yet my experience of it, to summarise, can be no better expressed as done by C S Lewis - Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different…

The cold has taken a serious grip of the region in the last ten days or so and it is most welcome like all the seasons nature has to offer in this part of the world. I now come to realise that each season is important in its own function and manner, and all one can do is enjoy its peculiarity while it lasts. Having been actively running for the last months, there was this need to change the route and plan a bit - hence switched to lake side and changed the routine - that is to say both exercise and nutrition wise. Did my bit of merrymaking with family this holiday season and enjoyed it - however did make sure that the mind didn't go too far off the centre line.

A couple of days back had too much to drink the previous evening and thanks to the gadget tied on my wrist, the readings next day immediately depicted the level to which the system is upset. Invariably went for my morning run, although late but still went - and boy was I running fast ! That was no pre workout in the blood, it was pure Old Monk from previous evening's exploit doing its magic. In partial daze ran fast to complete less than half of distance I usually do - and man, did I feel shitty in the end; I'd say it stayed within. 

Today morning was no different. After 6 something kilometres my mind sold me the idea to take it easy and maybe continue rest of workout in the gym. Stopped and saved the workout, while walking back towards Ford, that I realised what if the gym is closed for New Year's - which technically they shouldn't - but knowing the management at our gym it seemed plausible. There was no second thought - I could not feel shitty like that again - started another run and finished what I was supposed to. I will say this has happened for the first time - this kind of break and restart. Party can happen, but what has to happen in the morning has to happen for me to earn the evenings.


Soon enough - on my way back home - saw the gym closed. Now at least I could spend the day knowing that I did what I had to, that even if I am going sideways in evening - I did my balancing act first thing in the day. Centring efforts and exercises shall continue tomorrow just as another day, for I need more and more of that. Meanwhile, wishing all - a balanced and a centred experience for the coming bunch of days dubbed as Year 2023. 

Happy New Year.

No comments: