Saturday, October 21, 2017

Diwali 2017

I must take time to appreciate the good.  Yesterday, Diwali was a subdued cracker affair - 80% drop in noise pollution in my estimates, at my location. Whether it can be attributed to cracker ban or GST or demonetisation - I cant say; but whatever the reason might be, it was silent celebration in all these years. It was an encouraging site to see people responding to the call of a wise Diwali.

Making my way home late evening, another observation. The roads, the traffic, the driving sense - it all made me feel as if I was driving in some western country. Reasonably empty roads, each car in its lane, no honking, none in hush to reach anywhere - a splendid driving experience in my very own hometown. The madness was over, that rush to be there and do that no longer existed - it was as if someone had taken the air out of much hyped false enthusiasm and hypnotic buying/gifting. This could be how un-conditioned, civil humanity would look like. Easy - not loud - yet silently going about doing things. It was a fine moment last night.

Thats all for Diwali 2017

No comments: