Wednesday, April 1, 2020

2020


What a year it has been – today I can conclusively give results on first quarter happenings of the year 2020.

The Americans fingered Iranians at the very onset of January by killing one of their top generals and they say we almost came to WW3. Then Australia had some massive bushfires, with whole world head over heels sympathizing for loss of local flora fauna. Meanwhile, people kept dying in Syria and Yemen and so many other places - but that was just routine. Then Kobe Bryant along with his kid and others went down in helicopter crash and spookily enough, it was shown in a cartoon show years earlier. Lastly, the virus which Chinese said was creating troubles for them in December 2019 started creating problems in Italy and thereafter it has been a domino effect; country after country shutting down. Interestingly, just as in the case of Kobe Bryant the same was aired/predicted two years before in a Netflix movie with exactly the same virus name !!

Now as I write, we are under imposed lockdown by the so called government for so called reasons of Covid 19 (a virus they say is deadly). I use the word THEY, as at this point am reminded of a scene from the movie SHOOTER starring Mark Wahlberg. He opens his computer in the morning, with his dog by side and says “Let’s see what lies they are selling us today”. One source is saying a thing and other saying absolutely opposite. While one is making it sensational, raking up the excitement other is more subtle but totally belies your own logic. You just can’t trust anything or any anybody – just your gut and gut alone. That being said – I do not trust the government – if I talk about our country, it has never been for the people. 

So with all those messages coming and going from here to there, the first few days were still energetic however as it becomes routine, I guess it’s becoming more of a drag hearing the sound of message. With more than a week of this forced lockdown, of this sudden display of care by the government, I am trying to make a routine for myself. The day starts a bit late, with usual check-up of current affairs or if I may rephrase – usual check-up of lies being sold that day, followed by an hour of cardio around the apartment block and thereafter it is flexible. I could be drinking, I could be eating, I could be sleeping, I could be reading, I could be Netflix’ing and I could be repeating. Recently, downloaded a game on my phone; ZOMBIE FRONTIER - I take solace thinking that I am prepping for the endgame and supposedly.... supposedly ahead of the curve. A good time killer it is and it’s astonishing, how extensively gaming has been monetized now days. Earlier you used to just buy a game cassette or a CD and that was it; you finish it and start again to finish again - and if you a freak, maybe start all over again (my favourite was Project IGI). But now – its a whole new level – if you do not have the patience - no problem - you pay up and move up. I am patient. I am not spending 150 rupees to buy a hundred gems so I can purchase an AK-47 ! These are not desperate times for me !!

Parents have been a worried lot - expectedly so. Interestingly, my father has not called on my phone in the last seven years as much as he called in last seven days. Friends & Family from abroad, here for visit - are still here - they are no longer that sought after (human nature after all). Everything is shut. The endgame is anybody's guess - but things will definitely not be the same. Whatever change is on anvil, am sure that its time is due and there is nothing more to it than that. Life has had its way and will continue so. None has any control, hence no sweat.

Mind you - this aint no April Fool writeup !

1 comment:

Jass said...

Keep it chugging buddy.